Thursday, July 8, 2010

Anticipation

I did it. I made the appointment for chemo and start my first session next Wednesday. What can be expected? I don't know. The first hour of the appointment will be talking about precautions and care of myself and what to expect. The other four hours consist of three hours doing one type of chemo (carbo platinum) and half an hour of taxol. They will attempt to do it intravenously and we've managed to schedule it on Brian's day off so he can be there with me.

I went to a doctor's appointment with the surgeon the other day, but she got called out last minute so I ended up seeing her partner instead. He thought everything looked ok from his pelvic exam and that my wound is healing well. I am to talk with them again after my first round of chemo and then we'll schedule a return to work date, but most likely it will be by the end of the month. My belly wound is completely closed up now, but has one heck of an ugly gash-type scar. I always wanna show it to people because I'm fascinated by how it looks, but I recognize that it may be uncomfortable for others if I start lifting my shirt in public. Haha

As far as how I'm feeling - I feel great right now. I am getting back to my normal activities and even doing a little planting of some flowers in pots on the deck. I still have lifting and torque restrictions...but I feel well enough to push those restrictions a bit here and there. Don't worry - nothing major - just happy to get back to life as "normal."

1 comment:

  1. I say show the scar. I have a surgical scar from my gall bladder removal at 20 and 22 years later still show it. It makes some people uncomfortable but most people just want to know the story.

    Glad you are feeling better!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete